• To manage the selection of the best value supplier for the designated categories of supply.
• To manage part costs in line with budget expectations (PPV target v Standard or historic cost) and to initiate/deliver cost downs in line with business targets
• To collate and retain up to date cost information for the designated categories of supply (RFQ,QAF, Cost models etc)
• To ensure that supplier agreements/terms and conditions are in place and appropriate for at least the top 80% of category spend.
• To ensure that order coverage is in place and aligned with the Production build plan.
• To champion supplier performance improvement (Q,C and D) for the designated categories and act as an escalation point for Q and D issues.
• To develop and implement a risk assessment measure and implement actions to mitigate the risks identified.
• To ensure that all required IFS data is up to date for the designated categories.
• To contribute to the building of formal Purchasing processes.
• To communicate Purchasing feedback to all Departments.
• To provide liaison between Supply Chain, Engineering, Production and Suppliers on supplied part technical requirements
• To assess/audit Supplier risk levels and define actions to mitigate them
• To drive and validate supplied part approval at suppliers
• To drive process improvement at suppliers and ensure robust root cause analysis and validation of corrective action
• To discuss and conclude manufacturing feasibility issues with Engineering/Suppliers
• To perform or co-ordinate incoming parts quality checks if necessary
• To contribute to the building of formal supplier quality processes
• To communicate with all relevant Departments