• Atlas Converting equipment manufactures special purpose machinery for use in the slitting and rewinding of flexible materials.
• Atlas is committed to the development of machines and innovations that reaffirm its position as the global leader of slitting and rewinding machines.
• Machines range from 1.3m wide up to 11m wide and transport webs at linear speeds of up to 1500m per minute.
• Conceptual and detailed design and development of machinery for use within the converting industry.
o Structural and dynamic analysis of machine performance
o Design for manufacture and assembly
o Liaising with suppliers on bought out components
o Development of test plans and procedures
• Lead or support projects of contractual, development and innovation nature to aggressive timescales and budgets
• Support of associated departments needs (sales, service, production)
• Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering or related subject
• Good communication skills
• Thorough understanding of fundamental engineering principles
• 3D CAD experience (any package)
• Design experience of rotating or special purpose machinery
• Experience of manufacturing processes
• Inventor 2018 would be advantageous
• Experience of integration of electrical and hydraulic systems
• Highly motivated individual that can work equally well alone or within a team environment with minimal supervision
• An individual capable of developing innovative solutions
• Experience working in a cross-functional design environment
If you would like to apply for this role, please complete and submit the form below: