This position is primarily responsible for managing sales activities of organization by performing the following duties personally and through sales network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sell company products within agree parameters in conjunction with agents in assigned territory
- Manage assigned territory by utilizing agents, partners, representatives.
- Prospect for new business and customers in assigned territory
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, competitive market, and market factors potentially affecting sales revenue
- Compile costs and prepare quotations aligned with company practices
- Assist in project management activities as assigned
- Assist in the sale of spare parts, rebuilds, upgrades and service contracts
- Ensure that all sales documentation is accurately completed and signed
- Assist in the collection of money due on capital contracts
- Maximize gross margin and minimize technical and commercial risk to the company
- Support other sales colleagues when needed in their assigned territory
- Assist in the development of the marketing and advertising strategies
- Represents company with trade associations, Local and International exhibitions to promote products and services
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares monthly sales KPI report using companies CRM system showing sales volume, anticipated closure date, sales stage, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Utilizes company ERP system to generate all machine quotations and maintain sales progression record through to closure
- Maintain company CRM database accurately ensuring all contacts are recorded and maintained on a regular basis
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
□ Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
□ Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
□ Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
□ Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
□ Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
□ Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
□ Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
□ Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
□ Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, contracts, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers on both a technical and commercial basis. Non English language spoken and written beneficial, but not essential.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.