To support the Supply Chain objectives by managing and improving the overall supplier commercial relationship, optimising supplied part total acquisition costs and mitigating supply chain risk.
• To manage the selection of the best value supplier for the designated categories of supply.
• To manage part costs in line with budget expectations (PPV target v Standard or historic cost) and to initiate/deliver cost downs in line with business targets
• To collate and retain up to date cost information for the designated categories of supply (RFQ,QAF, Cost models etc)
• To ensure that supplier agreements/terms and conditions are in place and appropriate for at least the top 80% of category spend.
• To ensure that order coverage is in place and aligned with the Production build plan.
• To champion supplier performance improvement (Q,C and D) for the designated categories and act as an escalation point for Q and D issues.
• To develop and implement a risk assessment measure and implement actions to mitigate the risks identified.
• To ensure that all required IFS data is up to date for the designated categories.
• To contribute to the building of formal Purchasing processes.
• To communicate Purchasing feedback to all Departments.
Accountable for (their designated Categories):
• Supplier assessment and selection
• Commercial agreement negotiation
• Cost negotiation and update of cost information on IFS
• Order coverage in line with Production build plan
• Cost down activities
Personal requirements :
• HND level of education
• Preferably CIPS qualified
• Min. 5 years in a Purchasing role in a manufacturing engineering environment.
• Experience in negotiating commercial agreements with suppliers
• Preferably have some experience of delivering cost downs in a manufacturing engineering environment
• Preferably have experience of working within a Category management environment
• Experience and/or knowledge of manufacturing processes in an engineering environment
• Preferably have some experience of working in Europe and/or Asia.
• Should expect some travel to UK, European and Asian suppliers
Good commercial awareness
Good market knowledge for designated category
Ability to critique Engineering specifications
Analytical and decisive
Focussed but with broad outlook
Flexible approach to different levels of supplier
Customer focused – internal and external
Able to work autonomously and as a team leader with the supplier
Self motivated and confident
Electrical and mechanical engineering background
Please send CV and Cover letter to the link here